Share a Second Helping this winter!
Do you have hundreds of pounds or just a few boxes or bags? No matter the size we’ll use your donation to feed Delawareans in need. Whether you want to hold a food drive in your neighborhood, office or school, we’ll help you make sure your food drive is the best ever! Food drives are simple and easy.
WE URGENTLY NEED:
- Hot and Cold Cereals
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruits
- Canned Meats
- 8oz Shelf-Stable Milk
- Canned Vegetables
- Pasta and Rice
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Soups
Follow these five simple steps to ensure a successful drive:
- Plan ahead. Set the date for your food drive and determine what types of food you’ll collect. Don’t forget to identify supplies that may be needed – collection boxes, signage etc.
- If your organization collects more than 20 boxes/bags of food, we’ll arrange to pick up the donation. If you collect less than 20, we ask that you drop them off to one of our warehouses or one of our statewide drop-off locations.
- Set your goal. How much do you want to collect? Will you measure by boxes or pounds collected? Do you want to have a challenge with another department or class?
- Get everyone involved. Company management or governing boards can help motivate individuals by setting a standard for participation. Consider a match program where a company or individual matches what is collected with a cash donation.
- Promote your food drive. Make signs, send e-mails – get the word out there! Make sure you let participants know what types of food products are being collected, where donations can be dropped off and how long the drive will last
For more information about hosting a food drive, please contact Caitlin Custer, Donor Outreach Coordinator, at (302) 292-1305 ext 253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraisers are a great way to help Delawareans in need. Did you know we can provide two meals with just one dollar? To make an online donation to the winter giving campaign, please click here.
For more questions about fundraisers, please contact Larry Haas, Development Director, at (302) 294-0184 or email@example.com.