IMG_1522We are looking for new partners! For more information, please contact (302) 444-8128.

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and administered by the Delaware Department of Education. It provides funding for after-school nutrition programs that combine educational and enrichment activities with an evening snack or dinner.To qualify for the program, sites must operate in areas where at least 50 percent of the children attending the nearest school qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. The Food Bank sponsors after-school programs run by community and nonprofit organizations.

The USDA’s CACFP plays a vital role in alleviating childhood hunger. Research shows that children who eat more nutritious meals are less likely to miss school, have fewer behavioral problems and perform better in school. For some CACFP participants, the meal received after school is the last nutritious meal received before returning to school the next day.

In the 2016-2017 school year, the Food Bank of Delaware produced 211,969 meals. All meals are prepared at the Food Bank’s Newark and Milford facilities using an industrial-sized kitchen and the Food Bank’s drivers deliver meals to after-school program sites.

Community collaborations are central to the success of CACFP. Community after-school programs or daycare centers that are interested in becoming involved with CACFP should contact (302) 444-8128.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at . Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call . Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax:
(202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.