SNAP Outreach

We are now conducting SNAP application assistance! Call our SNAP Outreach team for an appointment! We will submit your paperwork for you and we promise to make the process easier and troubleshoot, if there’s a need.

Contact us!

SNAP Helpline
(302) 444-8073

In tough economic times, now more than ever, families in Delaware are feeling the money crunch. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a governmental program that provides low-income families with funds on an Electronic Debit Transfer (EBT) card. These funds can be used to purchase healthy foods at participating grocery stores, department stores such as Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart, as well as an increased number of farmers’ markets. In Delaware the following farmers’ markets accept SNAP benefits:

12th & Brandywine Urban Farm Market: Fridays 8am – 11am from May 16th through October 17th, located at 12th & Brandywine Streets, Wilmington, DE

Glasgow Park Farmers Market: Fridays 3pm – 7pm from May 2nd through October 10th, located at Glasgow Park, 2275 Pulaski Highway, Newark, DE (near the intersection of Route 40 & Route 896)

Carousel Park Farmers Market: Fridays 3pm – 7pm from May 2nd through October 10th, located at the Carousel Park & Equestrian Center, 3700 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808

Rockwood Park Farmers Market: Fridays 3pm – 7 pm from May 2nd through October 10th, located at Rockwood Park, 610 Shipley Road, Wilmington, DE (entrance of Washington St. Ext., near Shipley)

Wilmington Farmers Market at Cool Springs: Thursdays 4pm – 8pm from June 12th through October 23rd, located at 10th & Jackson Streets, Wilmington, DE

Co-op Farmers Market: Sundays 10am – 2pm from May 4th through November 23rd, located Market East Plaza at 280 East Main Street, Newark, DE (in front of Newark Natural Foods)

Western Sussex Farmers Market: Saturdays 8:30am – 12pm from June 14th through September 6th, located on the Mears Campus, 200 Health Services Drive, Seaford, DE (across from Seaford Post Office)

Historic Lewes Farmers Market: Saturdays 8am – 12pm from May 10th through September 27th, located at the Lewes Historical Society Complex (all Saturdays except 6/28, 7/12 & 8/2), 110 Shipcarpenter Street, Lewes, DE

(Note: Alternate location ONLY on 6/28, 7/12 & 8/2: Richard A. Shields Elementary School (parking lot), intersection of Savannah Road & Sussex Drive, Lewes, DE)

Western Sussex Farmers’ Market: Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon Western Sussex Boys & Girls Club (parking lot, 310 Virginia Avenue, Seaford, DE 19973 (closed for the season)

By reaching out to potentially eligible citizens in the state of Delaware, we can put “healthy food within reach” of people who need it but may not be able to afford it. This gives recipients more purchasing power over what foods they buy and will provide a more nutritious diet. In addition, recipients will be able to direct their budget to other essential bills such as rent, mortgage, heat, electric and water.

An increased SNAP participation rate also stimulates the local economy.  Every $5 in SNAP benefits spent creates a $9 economic impact in the community.  In 2012, $223 Million dollars of SNAP benefits were distributed to Delawareans, generating a positive impact of up to $399 million dollars to the local economy!

Eligibility is based on household size, monthly gross income level and income expenses. If your income level is lower than the levels below, then you are probably eligible and we highly encourage you to apply for benefits.

Think you may be eligible? Click here to apply or apply in person at your local State Service Center or contact the Food Bank’s SNAP Outreach Hotline.

Family Size

Monthly Income

















Each additional member


The SNAP Outreach team will be out in the community giving informational presentations about the benefits of applying for and/or receiving SNAP benefits.

Working with our community partners is instrumental to our program outreach and success.  If you would like more information about becoming a host site for outreach, please contact Dan Jackson at (302) 292-1305 ext 261 or or Laura McAllister (Kent and Sussex Counties) at (302) 424-3301 ext 109 or 

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272  (voice), or (202) 720-6382  or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).