The Food Bank of Delaware directly distributes EMERGENCY food to the public through the Healthy Pantry Center.
Appointments will be required to shop the shelves.
- Neighbors fully assisted (shop the shelves) through appointment only 1 time per week (to make an appointment, please call (302) 292-1305 ext 227)
- During the initial appointment HPC staff/volunteers will review what government and community resources are being accessed (i.e. SNAP, WIC $BM, Weatherization, 211 and POC). Together with the client, we will establish goals for identifying additional services.
- Prior to next appointment, Neighbors will need to have addressed at least one goal
- One Neighbor will be scheduled every 15 minutes
- One shopping cart per family
- Limit of 10 items of cold storage products
- First time walk-in Neighbors & Case Managers will be provided with prepackaged items between scheduled appointments
Pantry hours are:
Newark (222 Lake Drive, Newark, DE 19702) Entrance is at the back of the building near the loading ramp. Enter first glass door.
- Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (last shopper at 3:00 p.m.)
- Third Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last shopper at 6:30 p.m.)
- Second Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to noon (last shopper at 11:30 a.m.)
Visitors to the Newark pantry are asked to bring more than six reusable grocery bags to take food home. DE Driver License or DE State ID will be required for proof of identification. If address on your ID does not match your current living address, please bring a utility or other bill or leasing agreement.
Appointments are now needed at the Milford Healthy Pantry Center. Return visits are available after 7 days.
Milford (1040 Mattlind Way, Milford, DE 19963) Enter building through entrance under green awning (Return visits are after 7 days or greater)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (last participant at 3:30 p.m.)
- 4th Tuesdays: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last participant at 6:30 p.m.)
- 2nd Saturday” 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (last participant at 11:30 a.m.)
DE Driver License or DE State ID will be required for proof of identification. If address on your ID does not match your current living address, please bring a utility or other bill or leasing agreement.
To learn about the Milford Pantry, please contact Lisa Gibbs at (302) 424-3301 ext 105