The Food Bank of Delaware directly distributes EMERGENCY food to the public through the Healthy Pantry Center. Appointments are not needed. Return visits are after 7 days or greater.
Pantry hours are:
Newark (222 Lake Drive, Newark, DE 19702) Entrance is at the back of the building near the loading ramp. Enter first glass door.
- Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (last shopper at 3:00 p.m.)
- Third Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last shopper at 6:30 p.m.)
- Second Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to noon (last shopper at 11:30 a.m.)
Visitors to the Newark pantry are asked to bring more than six reusable grocery bags to take food home. DE Driver License or DE State ID will be required for proof of identification. If address on your ID does not match your current living address, please bring a utility or other bill or leasing agreement.
Milford (1040 Mattlind Way, Milford, DE 19963) Enter building through entrance under green awning (Return visits are after 7 days or greater)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (last participant at 3:30 p.m.)
- 4th Tuesdays: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last participant at 6:30 p.m.)
- 2nd Saturday” 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (last participant at 11:30 a.m.)
DE Driver License or DE State ID will be required for proof of identification. If address on your ID does not match your current living address, please bring a utility or other bill or leasing agreement.
To learn more about the Food Bank of Delaware’s Healthy Pantry Center in Newark, please contact (302) 292-1205 ext 227. To learn about the Milford Pantry, please contact Lisa Gibbs at (302) 424-3301 ext 105