Are you in need of emergency food assistance? If you are in the Newark area, you can make an appointment to visit the Healthy Pantry Center at the Food Bank at 222 Lake Drive. To find assistance closest to your home, please dial 2-1-1 for Delaware 2-1-1. They will refer you to a local organization that can assist. You can also click here for Delaware 2-1-1’s website.
The Food Bank of Delaware can help in the following ways:
- If you live in the Newark area, you can make an appointment to visit the Healthy Pantry Center at 222 Lake Drive in Newark. To make an appointment, call (302) 292-1305 ext 227.
- Need help applying for SNAP benefits (food stamps), our SNAP Outreach team can help! Click here to learn more.
- Are you over the age of 60 in need of monthly food assistance? Do you know someone in need? We can sign you up to participate in the Commodity Supplemental Food Program! Pick-up sites are located throughout the state. Click here to learn more.
- In need of our job training? Our 14-week Culinary School (daytime hours) will prepare you for entry level employment in the food service industry! Click here to learn more.
- Have school-aged children? Food Bank of Delaware programs may be offered at your child’s school! Please inquire with your child’s teacher regarding the Backpack Program, School Pantry and After-School Meal Program!
- Are you a college student struggling with food insecurity? Click here for more resources.