Food Bank of Delaware Communications Intern
The Food Bank of Delaware is looking for a Communications Intern to assist the Food Bank of Delaware’s Communications department. The Communications Intern will assist with social media, media relations, designing brochures and other collateral materials, writing press releases, blog content and e-newsletters and updating the Food Bank of Delaware’s website. The intern will also play an active role in soliciting and writing stories about clients, volunteers and partners and developing new videos to inform the public about the Food Bank of Delaware.
- Ability to submit writing samples upon request
- Experience with social media tools including blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Exceptional grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Proven writing skills
- Experience (or willingness to learn) Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and WordPress content management systems
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other Food Bank of Delaware staff and volunteers.
Education: Communication, Marketing or English major
Hours: 10-20 hours per week (flexible scheduling – please note, this is an unpaid internship, however, internship can be used to satisfy college course credit requirements and/or service hour requirements)
Location: Food Bank of Delaware, 14 Garfield Way, Newark, Delaware
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Kim Turner via email at email@example.com.