SNAP Outreach Coordinator
The Food Bank of Delaware is accepting resumes for SNAP Outreach Coordinator based out of its Milford branch. This position will identify partner organizations and target populations in order to optimize SNAP application and enrollment through outreach materials and presentations. In addition, the SNAP Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for reporting and evaluating all progress and project outcomes to Food Bank and State of Delaware management as deemed necessary. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) is highly preferred. This is a full time position with benefits.
This position requires someone who is friendly and works well with a diverse group of people, including coworkers, managers, volunteers, hunger relief partners and the community at large. A qualified individual should be flexible, enthusiastic and committed to the Food Bank’s mission. Additionally they should have the following:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; degree preferred but not required.
• Travel is required. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must have very strong self-initiative.
• Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and written skills required with experience dealing with individuals from many different backgrounds, cultures, and races.
• Must have at least 1 year of previous experience in Community Organizing.
• Must be able to transport, lift, and carry operating equipment of 20 lbs or more.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Unusual work hours and unusual environmental conditions are necessary.
• Preference given to bilingual candidates.
• DMV and background checks will be required.
• Must be computer literate.
• A clean drug screening
The Food Bank of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in all of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status or family status.
Interested applicants should email their resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Part-Time Van Driver
The Food Bank of Delaware is currently accepting applications at its Milford facility for van drivers to deliver to feeding programs. Drivers are responsible for delivering to feeding sites throughout the state. This is a part-time position without benefits. In order to be considered an applicant should courteous and be able to communicate well with staff, volunteers and the public and serve as a good representative of the Food Bank in the community. Additionally they should:
• Be detail oriented and flexible
• Be able to read and write and add and subtract
• A valid driver’s license for the past three years
• A clean driving record (No points or moving violation within the last three years)
• Have a clean drug screening
• Have a satisfactory background check
• Be comfortable working in a warehouse environment
• Comfortable working in extreme hot or cold temperatures
• Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. frequently
• Must be able to pull in excess of 1000 lbs. on pallet jack
• Must be able to stand, bend, and climb in and out of van frequently
• Must be able to safely operate a cargo van
• Experience with warehouse equipment a plus
Interested applicants should stop by our Milford Location at 1040 Mattlind Way Milford, Delaware 19963 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday to complete an application.
Food Bank of Delaware Communications Intern
The Food Bank of Delaware is looking for a Communications Intern to assist the Food Bank of Delaware’s Communications department. The Communications Intern will assist with social media, media relations, designing brochures and other collateral materials, writing press releases, blog content and e-newsletters and updating the Food Bank of Delaware’s website. The intern will also play an active role in soliciting and writing stories about clients, volunteers and partners and developing new videos to inform the public about the Food Bank of Delaware.
- Ability to submit writing samples upon request
- Experience with social media tools including blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Exceptional grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Proven writing skills
- Experience (or willingness to learn) Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and WordPress content management systems
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other Food Bank of Delaware staff and volunteers.
Education: Communication, Marketing or English major
Hours: 10-20 hours per week (flexible scheduling – please note, this is an unpaid internship, however, internship can be used to satisfy college course credit requirements and/or service hour requirements)
Location: Food Bank of Delaware, 14 Garfield Way, Newark, Delaware
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Kim Turner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.