Summer Culinary Exploration Program at the Food Bank of Delaware
2020 Online Course
Please read the following before applying. We want everyone to understand this new way of offering this experience.
- All students must be between the ages of 16 – 21 years old with a documented disability.
- Students need to have access to Wi-Fi.
- Due to the online instruction, students must be able to understand the instructed material as well as be able to work the device they are using for the program. This could be a computer, tablet, laptop, or smart phone.
- Students must have access to a kitchen and all equipment in the kitchen. If a student does not have certain needed equipment, please contact the program manager. Each concern will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Guest chefs and field trips will be handled virtually by Zoom and videos.
- All product that student needs to complete the week’s instruction will be delivered on the Monday of that week.
- Classes will be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through Zoom and videos.
- A parent, guardian or care-taker may help the student.
- Online application is available here.
- If you have any questions, please email Ruthann Messick at firstname.lastname@example.org.