Food recovery is an easy way to help feed hungry Delawareans. In addition to feeding hungry people, food recovery allows donors to reduce waste costs. In the amount of time it would take your business to throw out food waste, food can be packed in plastic bags and picked up by the Food Bank’s rescue team. Click here to see what foods we can accept.
As a possible donor, here are some of the options you can consider:
- Scheduled daily/weekly/monthly pickups
- Occasional/on-call pickup for donors who have excess food less often than once a week
- One-time-only pickup for donors who have minimum storage space
Pick-ups work in two ways:
- Trained Food Bank of Delaware staff and volunteers will pick up your donation and deliver to one of our 550 feeding programs. Poundage will be tracked and the food industry company will be receipted.
- A representative from the feeding program will pick up the food directly to bring back to their agency. Poundage will be tracked and the food industry company will be receipted.
Click here for other frequently asked questions.