If you are in need of food assistance:
- Find a local food pantry: Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-560-3372, text 898-211 or visit www.delaware211.org
- Help us identify new locations for our community pop-up distributions. Click here to fill out our request form.
- Visit a mass drive-thru distribution. Click here for the May schedule.
- For more long-term support, the Food Bank’s SNAP Outreach team can assist you with signing up for SNAP benefits. Please visit www.fbd.org/SNAP-outreach to fill out an inquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch.
- Some Delawareans may also be eligible for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. To apply online, please visit https://dewow.dhss.delaware.gov/myWIC/publicpages/Eligibility.aspx
- Locate a school meal distribution site: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/page/4149
Ways the Community Can Assist our Response Efforts:
To meet these increased demands, the Food Bank of Delaware is prioritizing donations of time and money. What we need:
- Healthy volunteers- We are in need of healthy volunteers to help pack emergency meal boxes in both our Newark and Milford facilities. Health and safety measures have been taken to protect our volunteers. CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER
- Financial support – We are fundraising to cover the costs of increased food distribution and pre-made weekend meal kits for children. Some donors have asked if they can donate their government stimulus check to the Food Bank. The answer is YES! We appreciate that support and online donations can be made below.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
For those who want to donate food, the Food Bank of Delaware will accept donations at both the Newark and Milford facilities (Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.). At this time, we cannot arrange barrel drop off or pick up in order to reserve resources for food distribution. Food donations dropped off in Newark may be dropped off near the farm stand on the far side of the building.
Our most needed items include:
- Canned fruits
- Canned vegetables
- Peanut butter
- Pasta and jarred sauce
- Canned meats (tuna fish, chicken)
- Hot and cold cereal
- Healthy snacks like granola bars and raisins
- 100% fruit and vegetable juice