CANgineering winners announced; 25 teams help Food Bank
June 29, 2022
And the winners are . . . The green and pink daisy created by Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority was judged the Best in Show in the 2022 Food Bank of Delaware’s CANgineering competition that drew 25 entries statewide.
Zakat Foundation’s creation of a Food Fort of Delaware won the Popular Vote through a week-long social media campaign, and judges determined winners in other categories that aligned with competition guidelines:
- Best Use of Labels – Fuji Film (Paint Brush)
- Most Needed Items – JP Morgan Chase (I Love DE)
- Most Structurally Sound – DuPont Experimental Station (Solar House)
- Most Creative – Meadow Larks (4H Mini Golf Course)
- Largest Food Drive – Bank of America, Deerfield (Helping Hand)
- Best Representation of Organization’s Mission – Delaware Emergency Management Agency (Eye of the Hurri”can”)
- People’s Choice – Zakat Foundation (Food Fort)
- Honorable Mention – The Alias Group (Minion)
CANgineering is a food drive structure building competition. It’s a creative way to collect donations to benefit food-insecure Delawareans, while encouraging spirited competition amongst local organizations. This year’s competition builds yielded more than 17,000 pounds of much-needed food. Teams signed up in April, held a workplace-based food drive, and used then the items they have collected to create sculptures.
CANgineering supports the year-round hunger relief efforts of the Food Bank of Delaware for the more than 114,000 Delawareans relying on the services of the Food Bank each year. After the holiday season, donations are normally down during the spring and summer months. Unfortunately, hunger never takes a break, so the Food Bank is planning a school-based CANgineering contest this fall.
Congratulations to our winners!