Together, we can make a difference in 2022
January 13, 2022
Is giving back one of your resolutions for 2022?
The Food Bank of Delaware would love to help you make your resolution into a lifestyle. Even in our ever-changing world, you can safely make a difference for more than 114,000 Delawareans struggling with food insecurity.
Here are some ideas for dipping your foot into the world of philanthropy:
- Volunteer. You can do this alone, with friends or family, or as part of a work or community group. Socially distant volunteer opportunities include working in our volunteer room (limited number of volunteers per shift), at one of our mobile pantries, at our Healthy Pantry Center, on our farm, or at one of our outdoor events. The biggest bonus is that volunteering allows you to see what we do at the Food Bank and learn about how we impact hunger in the community. To sign up, click here!
- Make a donation. Every dollar donated = 3 meals. How do we do this? We buy millions of pounds of food each year, so we have incredible buying power, making your donated dollar stretch even further. Did you know that many companies will match employees’ donations?
- Organize a food drive. You decide when and where, and we give you the tools to be successful. You can do a no-contact food drive, or even an online food drive. And remember…there’s always a great need for food, so don’t limit yourself to the holidays.
- Participate in or sponsor a Food Bank signature event or a community event that benefits the Food Bank. While we are temporarily on hold during the surge in Covid cases, we expect to have all sorts of things going on throughout the year, from 5Ks to golf tournaments to dinners created by our culinary students. Choose something that interests you and come get to know us better. For now, many of our committee meetings will be held virtually, so if you are interested in helping with planning, let us know.
- Create your own event to raise money for the Food Bank. Socially distant events might include an outdoor car wash, a no-contact food drive, or an online birthday fundraiser. The sky is the limit, and your creativity will go a long way in helping us fight hunger in Delaware.